September 02, 2016
Regional Transit Service (RTS) today announced schedule changes that will be going into effect on Monday, September 5, just before students head back to school. Some of the schedule changes represent service that was provided during the last school year and is being resumed for the new school year, and some changes represent newly added or modified service.
Service being resumed for the upcoming school year includes:
- Route 4 Genesee: Service to Wilson Commencement and Early College High School will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 33 Goodman: Service to Bishop Kearney High School will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 37 N. Clinton: Service to the Field House at West Irondequoit High School will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 38 E. Main: Service to East High School and Mercy High School will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 40 Portland: Service to Bishop Kearney High School will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 47 Monroe: Service to Pittsford Sutherland and Pittsford Mendon High Schools will be resumed on weekdays.
- Route 74 RIT TE3: Saturday evening service will be resumed for the new school year.
- Route 81 Fairport: Service to Fairport BOCES will be resumed on weekdays, with time changes to the 6:55 a.m. outbound and 6:04 a.m. inbound trips.
- Route 84 Eastview: Saturday afternoon service will be resumed for the new school year.
- Route 172 Nazareth College – East End: Service on Friday and Saturday nights will be resumed for the new school year.
Service being added or modified for the upcoming school year includes:
- Route 10 Dewey: A new weekday time of 10:13 p.m. will be added for the Bryant & Stratton campus in Greece, and the 8:58 p.m. weekday trip will be removed.
- Route 24 Marketplace Mall / RIT:
- A new weekday time was added at 9:49 p.m. at the rear loop at MCC
- A new weekday time was added at 9:55 p.m. at the Bryant & Stratton Henrietta campus – the bus will pull up to the front door
- Route 68 RIT Campus: New weekday service has been established between the RIT campus and select apartment complexes in Brighton and Henrietta.
- Route N1 Nazareth College – Penfield: This new afternoon service has been established between the Nazareth campus and the Wegmans and Target in Penfield and will operate on Saturday and Sunday. This replaces the old Route N1 that went to Pittsford.
Service modifications unrelated to the upcoming school year include:
- Routes 23 Jefferson and 24 Marketplace Mall/RIT: Times were modified on these routes to make them more efficient. Customers are encouraged to refer to the new schedules to get familiar with the new times.
- Route 51 S. Clinton: Trips have been added to serve the Jewish Home on weekend mornings and afternoons.
“Working with our partners at the Rochester City School District and the respective colleges and universities we work with, we are resuming, adding and modifying the schedules of some of our routes to make it easier for students, faculty and staff to enjoy the ride during the new school year,” said Bill Carpenter, CEO of RTS. “We appreciate their partnership and willingness to work with us as we continuously strive to improve the service we provide to the community.”
***Holiday Schedule Note***
Due to the Labor Day Holiday, RTS will run on a holiday (Sunday) schedule on Monday, September 5, and resume regular service on Tuesday, September 6. RTS runs on a Holiday schedule on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Updated route maps and information can be found at https://www.myrts.com/preview.
# # #
Back to all news