July 24, 2020
Rochester, NY: Regional Transit Service (RTS) announced today that it will resume normal service for customers in Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Wyoming Counties on Monday, August 3, 2020, with some modifications due to COVID-19 guidelines. All RTS buses in these counties will operate at 50% capacity, which is approximately 8 customers at a time. Dial-A-Ride will be available in each county based on availability. The details are shown below by county.
- Routes 231, 232 and 243 will resume for the first trips of the day, with service at all other times being covered by Dial-A-Ride.
- Service on Route 242 (Springwater, Sparta, Conesus, Groveland) will be covered by Dial-A-Ride.
- Route 254 (Canandaigua–Geneva via 5&20) will not be operating at this time.
- Route 255 (Canandaigua–Geneva via Route 96) will operate normally but will not operate from 1:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Route 261 (Geneva) Will operate normally but will not operate from 1:30pm-2:30pm.
- There will be no weekend deviated route service at this time, but Dial-A-Ride will be available.
- There will be no early Deviated Route Service (6:45 am) at the Seneca Falls Fall Street Stop or the Waterloo Main Street Stop. Dial-A-Ride service is available at that time.
- Routes 296, 298, 303, 305 and 308 will not be operating at this time. Dial-A-Ride service will be available for customers who normally use these routes based on availability.
- Normal service resumed on July 15 except for routes 224 and 226. These routes will resume normal service on August 3.
All RTS customers are required to wear a face mask or face covering while on RTS buses.
For all other information, visit www.myRTS.com.
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is a regional transit authority established by New York State with more than 900 employees who proudly serve customers and business partners in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne and Wyoming counties. Recognized as one of the best-run transit systems in the nation, RTS partners with the community it serves to provide safe and sustainable mobility, offering better access, frequency, and reliability to nearly 16 million people each year. We carry out our mission by connecting our customers to jobs, school, healthcare, shopping and recreational activities every day. For more information, visit www.myRTS.com.
Back to all news