Phone: (585) 654-0608
Visitors to the Rochester area who are unable to use the accessible RTS fixed route bus because of their disabilities, are eligible to use RTS Access paratransit service for 21 days in a rolling 365-day period.
If you plan on being in Rochester for more than 21 days in a 365-day period, you may need to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for visitor’s status please have your paratransit provider e-mail verification to our office. To process the request, we will need to obtain the following information:
- Your full name
- Date of Birth
- Mailing address and phone number
- Current Paratransit ID number and expiration date
- Type of mobility aid used, if applicable (example: wheelchair, walker, oxygen tank…)
- If you require the use of a Personal Care Attendant
- If you have a service animal
Where I live does not have Paratransit Service
If you do not have paratransit in your home area and your disability is not apparent, a certification of the disability by your healthcare provider is needed. We will also require you to provide items 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 above. Once this basic documentation is provided RTS Access will make service available.