Bike & Ride
Want to bring your bike along when you ride the bus? Take advantage of our popular Bike & Ride Program and the bike racks you’ll find on some RTS Ontario buses.
Just follow these steps:
1. Make sure the bus has stopped completely and the Bus Operator sees you before you step in front of the bus. Always approach the bus from the sidewalk side – not the street side – so you will notice if the bus is about to leave.
2. Place your bike on its kickstand on the ground in front of the bus.
3. Firmly grasp the silver handle located in the center of the bike rack and squeeze until the rack releases.
4. Lower the rack to the open position and place your bike into one of the tire slots.
5. Pull the padded tension bar out and over one of the bike tires and place it on top of the bike tire.
6. Once the bike is firmly in place, remove any loose items or valuables, including panniers. Then board the bus.
7. When you get close to your stop let the Bus Operator know that you’re going to get off and unload your bike. Then exit through the front door.
8. To remove the bike simply lift the tension bar, return it to the stowed and locked position and remove your bike.
Additional Important Info
· Customers are responsible for loading, securing and removing their bikes from the racks. For safety reasons, Bus Operators cannot leave the bus to help you.
· Bike racks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each rack can carry two bicycles. If the rack is full, please wait for the next bus.
· Children under 10 are not allowed to use bike racks unless accompanied by an adult.
· RTS Ontario is not responsible for any theft or damage while a bike is mounted on a rack or at any RTS Ontario facility.