Plan Your Next Trip with RTS Ontario
Got a date and destination in mind for your next trip? That’s all you need to find the right bus route and schedule times.
Schedules are available on our Maps & Schedules page, at our offices and on many of our buses as well.
We pride ourselves on our on-time performance, but please note that all times shown on schedules are approximate. Buses can get stuck in traffic just like everyone else. To make sure you get on board, plan on getting to your bus stop early. We recommend you arrive five minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
Be aware that schedules are different for weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Be sure you choose the right schedule for your trip!
Holiday Schedules: RTS Ontario service does not run on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
How to Read a Bus Schedule
1. Look for the day of the week you plan to travel.
2. Figure out which direction on the route you want to go.
3. Look under the heading for your preferred direction.
4. Find the column for your bus stop. If your bus stop is not listed, find the column for the stop that comes before yours.
5. Find the listed time that’s closest to when you want to travel. Don’t forget to check whether it’s AM or PM.
6. Plan to arrive at your stop five minutes before the listed bus arrival time. To avoid delays, please have your exact fare ready.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning your trip.
RTS Ontario bus schedules show the major intersections or stops on your route. There are, however, bus stops along the route in between the stops indicated on the schedule that may not be listed. To make sure your bus stops at your preferred location, please give us a call 585-394-2250.
On suburban or long-distance routes, Bus Operators may stop on request to pick up or discharge customers.