You have the right to appeal
- Eligibility determinations of ineligible
- Eligibility types other than all-trip
- Service suspensions resulting from service infractions
We will send you the appeals form and policy when you receive notice from us.
Sending in an Appeal Notice
- Eligibility appeals must be received within 60 days of the date listed on your eligibility notice.
- Service suspension appeals due to service infractions, must be received within 14 days of the date listed on your service suspension notice.
- We will provide you with 10-day advance notification of the appeal hearing date and time.
If you appeal a service suspension due to service infractions, your suspension is put “on hold” and you may continue to book rides until the appeal is heard and an outcome is issued.
Appeal Hearing and attendance
You do not have to be present for your appeal and may submit any documentation you feel necessary in support of your appeal. However, if you wish to appeal in person, RTS Access will contact you to schedule the hearing. Should you fail to appear, the appeals committee will still review your appeal and make a decision.
Notification of Outcome
- Eligibility and Eligibility Type – You will receive notification within 30 calendar days of the appeal meeting.
- Service Suspension due to infractions - If the service suspension is upheld, the suspension will be enforced starting the 1st of the following month.