Fixed Route (Monroe)
Fixed route is curb-to-curb service that only runs to defined stops on a specific time schedule during operating hours. Fixed route is available in Monroe county and does not allow any customers to request route deviations or reserve pickups in advance.
These requests are a fundamental alteration of service and will not be considered reasonable under the ADA for trips on RTS fixed route service:
- Any request that requires the Operator to leave the vehicle unattended
- Requests to deviate from the bus route and scheduled stops or beyond the established deviation distance (except within a reasonable distance to avoid an obstacle)
- Requests to provide personal services to a customer, such as entering buildings, opening interior doors, unlocking doors, or lifting a customer
- Requests for door-to-door assistance (guiding the customer from the bus to the door of a building or vice versa)
- Driving onto private property (one-way driveway or gated community)
- Carrying luggage, bags, or packages
Arrange a reasonable modification in advance when possible by calling Customer Service.
- Call 585.288.1700.
- Describe the modification you need and the reason you need it.
- Specify the date on which you need the modification and the length of time it is needed.
If you cannot make a request for a modification in advance because you were unaware of a condition or barrier at your destination until arriving, you may make the request at the time of service. Personnel at any subsidiary may consult with management before making a determination to grant or deny the request.